Pecan Praline No-Churn Ice Cream
Yield: about 1 liter (1 quart) of ice cream
For the praline:
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grandma Molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup pecans
For the ice cream:
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons Crosby’s Fancy Molasses
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, molasses, butter, cinnamon and salt. Add the pecans and stir until they are well coated. Spread the nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes until they are bubbling and dark in colour. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely. Chop the cooled and hardened pecan praline into small pieces.
- Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the molasses. Whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Drizzle in the condensed milk mixture and continue to whip until all the condensed milk is incorporated into the cream and the mixture is thick.
- Fold the chopped pecan praline into the cream mixture, and spread this in the prepared pan. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.