Peanut Butter and Molasses Granola Bars
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup bran
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- ½ cup Grandma Fancy Molasses
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp 2% milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- Mix first seven ingredients together in large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the next four ingredients in a 2 litre saucepan and cook over medium low heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth. (Stir constantly.)
- Combine the last three ingredients and add to the molasses mixture. Stir for one more minute. Remove from heat.
- Pour molasses-milk mixture over granola mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moist. Wet your hands and press the mixture into a 15 x 10 inch (2L) pan.
- Bake at 275°F (140°C) for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool, cut into slices and store in the refrigerator.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email.
We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. Our Making Life Delicious newsletter includes cooking tips, menu ideas and featured recipes. Here’s the link to our monthly email sign-up form.