*Yields 8 servings
- 6 Tbsp fancy molasses
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- ½ cup rum
- 2 limes, zested
- 32 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- fine sea salt
- 8 metal skewers or 8 wooden skewers soaked in water at least 1 hour
- Combine molasses, ginger, rum and lime zest in medium bowl and stir to blend for about 20 seconds. Thread 4 shrimp onto each skewer. Cover separately and chill.
- DO AHEAD: Glaze and shrimp can be made 8 hours ahead.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Sprinkle shrimp with sea salt. Place 3 Tbsp glaze in bowl and set aside. Brush shrimp with some of remaining glaze.
- Grill shrimp until just opaque in center, brushing occasionally with glaze, about 2 minutes per side.
- Drizzle with reserved glaze and serve.