- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Fancy Molasses
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 4 egg whites, unbeaten
- 1¾ cups moist, shredded coconut
- Melt butter or margarine, and then add sifted dry ingredients. Stir in molasses, vanilla and egg whites. Mix well. Stir in coconut. Spread in 2 greased 8" square pans, lined with waxed paper that has been greased and lightly floured.
- Bake at 350°F 30 to 35 minutes.
- When cool, cut each cake into 24 bars. Store in closed container.