- 1 cup (250 mL) Fancy Molasses
- 6½ tbsp (100mL) Japanese-style Soy Sauce
- 5 tsp (25 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) orange zest
- 20 sea scallops
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- Mix molasses, soy sauce, sesame oil and orange zest in a bowl and let the flavours of the glaze develop overnight.
- Preheat broiler. Reserve about one quarter of the glaze. Marinate scallops in remaining glaze for 10 minutes, then remove and season with salt and pepper.
- Place under broiler for 3 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Brush scallops with a little more glaze and finish broiling for another 3 minutes. Brush scallops with reserve glaze when done. Serves 4.