- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Fancy Molasses
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tbsp sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with muffin papers.
- In separate bowls combine liquid ingredients and sifted dry ingredients.
- In larger bowl lightly mix the two ingredients together. The batter should remain well mixed but lumpy. (If it is beaten too much, it will become glutenous and tough)
- Fill muffin cups to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until firm and nicely browned. Allow to cool on a wire rack & enjoy!