These crispy chocolate chip granola bars are nut-free and gluten-free.Print
Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
These crispy chocolate chip granola bars are nut-free and gluten-free.
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats*
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal*
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup Grandma Molasses
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a 9”x 9” pan with parchment paper or grease it well.
- Combine the oats, rice cereal, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Melt butter, molasses and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract (it will sputter).
- Pour hot syrup over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Allow to cool for a few minutes then stir in chocolate chips. Press mixture firmly (and I mean firmly) into prepared pan and ensure it gets right to the edges. Try laying a sheet of parchment paper over top to make it easier to press down.
- Refrigerate until set and cut into bars.