Pay it Forward Day is coming up on April 25. It’s a random-acts-of-kindness marathon where you spend 24 hours delighting people.
Simple gestures, that’s all.
Smiles, thoughtful notes, may be a cup of tea, or cookies…
That’ll be the anchor of my Pay it Forward plans on April 25th. A random act of cookies. Chocolate molasses crinkle cookies dipped in white chocolate…
Chocolate molasses crinkle cookies recipe
- ½ cup chocolate chips (the darker the better)
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Grandma Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp boiling water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (for rolling)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted (for dipping)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cocoa.
- In another bowl beat butter and brown sugar until combined.
- Add molasses and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in 1 1/2 teaspoons boiling water.
- Beat half of flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Beat in baking-soda mixture, then remaining half of flour mixture.
- Mix in chocolate
- Chill if you have time
- Roll dough into 1 1/2- inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
- Bake at 325 F until the surfaces crack slightly, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool and dip in melted white chocolate.
Makes about 3 dozen
Looking for more recipes suitable for Random Acts of Cookies? Check our the Chocolate hermits with vanilla drizzle.
One more thing…
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. The sign-up form is on the top left hand side of this page. We’d love to send you our monthly newsletter too. Our Making Life Delicious newsletter includes cooking tips, menu ideas and featured recipes. Here’s the link to our monthly email sign-up form.