Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are sweetened with maple syrup and molasses. These healthy muffins are refined sugar free.Print
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins with Molasses & Maple Syrup
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are sweetened with maple syrup and molasses. These healthy muffins are refined sugar free.
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup plain yogurt*
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup Grandma Molasses
- 5 Tbsp. oil (olive, canola, grapeseed, vegetable)
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (not instant), plus more for sprinkling
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. powdered ginger
- ¾ cups wild blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F and prepare muffin pan (grease muffin cups or line with papers).
- In a medium bowl whisk together the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl whisk the dry ingredients. Add the blueberries and stir to coat.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour over the wet mixture. Stir gently until almost combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan and sprinkle over a few rolled oats.
- Place in oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 400 F.
- Bake for 15-20 min, until tops spring back lightly when touched.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.