Are you all for celebrating Valentine’s Day or do you prefer to let February 14th slide by in its Hallmark hype?
I’m not much for bows and heart-shaped boxes of chocolates (I prefer tulips) but I do love to prepare a special supper.
Whatever your opinions about celebrating Valentine’s Day, you can’t go wrong with an impressive meal that’s quick and easy to prepare.
That’s what’s so great about this molasses and soy glazed salmon recipe. Few main dishes cook faster than fish and with a marinade that takes less than two minutes to prepare the overall prep time of this dish is next to nothing.
Not that speed needs to define a Friday night meal (Valentine’s Day or not).
You’ll love the sweet and salty flavour that this molasses marinade adds to the salmon, especially if you find salmon a little strong. It caramelizes on top and adds a savoury edge that balances out the richness of the fish.
This molasses marinade is delicious with fillets or steaks.
Serve it with your choice of green vegetables and rice or this potato cabbage hash.
Easy Molasses and Soy Glazed Salmon
- ¼ cup soy sauce or GF tamari (low sodium, if you have it)
- ¼ cup Grandma Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbsp. white wine or sherry
- A pinch of red pepper flakes or a few grinds of black pepper
- Enough salmon for 4 people (fillets or steaks).
- Chives or parsley to garnish
- Combine first four ingredients. Place salmon in a dish and pour over half of the marinade. Let rest 30 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove salmon from dish, discard marinade and place in a parchment lined baking pan. Brush with remaining marinade and bake in a 450 F oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, brush again with marinade and return to oven until done to your liking.
- Brush with marinade before serving.
Try our other salmon dishes:
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. The sign-up form is on the top right hand side of this page. We’d love to send you our monthly email too. Our Making Life Delicious newsletter includes cooking tips, menu ideas and featured recipes. Here’s the link to our monthly email sign-up form.
Here’s to eating well, everyday,