You know the taste of barely-warm chocolate chip cookies? When they’re a little gooey with chocolate that practically drips when you take a bite…
Picture all of that, in a pie.
March Break has officially begun in my house, cause for celebration all around. This pie is dessert tonight, a decadent treat that is the stuff of my kids’ dreams.
Made with almond flour and coconut this pie is gluten free.
Serve slightly warm with sweetened Greek yogurt.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Adapted from All day I Dream About Food
- 1 ¼ cups almond flour
- 3/4 cups finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Grandma Fancy Molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F and grease a 9-inch oven-proof skillet or pie pan.
- Whisk together the almond flour, coconut and baking soda.
- In another bowl beat butter and sugar then beat in molasses, egg and vanilla.
- Stir almond flour mixture into butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread dough in prepared pan and bake 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cookie will be very soft and a little jiggle-y in the middle.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. The sign-up form is on the top right hand side of this page. We’d love to send you our monthly email too. Our Making Life Delicious newsletter includes cooking tips, menu ideas and featured recipes. Here’s the link to our monthly email sign-up form.
Here’s to eating well, everyday,