This is how the vacuuming gets done at our house…
My kids are wild about this recipe for Asian Wings. They practically beg for it and don’t seem to understand that wings are a treat, not a Tuesday night supper. (Although you could make them tonight.)
Nothing I have ever cooked has made my kids more excited. Nothing. So I figure I might as well use this to my advantage.
- Vacuuming needs to be done before you can eat the wings.
- The bathroom needs to be cleaned before you can eat the wings.
- Have you made your beds?
This is a near effortless recipe that offers easy substitutions for ingredients that you might not have on hand.
No Hoisin sauce? Add an extra tablespoon of molasses instead. No rice vinegar? Any vinegar will do, especially cider vinegar. Dried ginger can be used in place of fresh. Ditto for garlic.
Omit the hoisin (replace with molasses) and substitute tamari for soy sauce if you want to make these Asian Wings gluten free.
These have become a Friday night favourite in our house, an easy appetizer while I putter away making supper in that not-rushed-Friday sort of way.
Asian Wings are fall-off-the-bone moist and pleasantly sticky. You’ll want to lick your fingers while you eat them. Guaranteed.
Awesome Asian wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- ¼ cup Grandma Fancy Molasses
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce or gluten-free tamari
- 1 Tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce (can substitute molasses)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated or minced
- Combine all ingredients, except wings.
- Toss wings with mixture. Spread in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. (Or a well-oiled cookie sheet).
- Bake at 450 F for 25 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Turn oven to broil and broil 3-5 minutes, flip then broil again
Try our finger lickin’ oven “BBQ” chicken with molasses slather:
If you’re in search of family-friendly food that’s easy to prepare, healthy and tastes good, then sign up to receive blog posts by email. The sign-up form is on the top right hand side of this page. We’d love to send you our monthly email too. Our Making Life Delicious newsletter includes cooking tips, menu ideas and featured recipes. Here’s the link to our monthly email sign-up form.
Here’s to eating well, everyday,